Friday, May 30, 2014

Pre IGHR

I am going to sign off the blog until IGHR to give me a week to get everything in order around here.  I need to make sure the house is clean and stocked with food so that my poor children won’t starve while I’m gone (all of whom have driver’s licenses and could theoretically go get their own food).  I also have a couple of IGHR assignments that have to be done before I arrive not to mention that I am still working for Legacy this week.

I am going to try to blog while at IGHR but we will have to play that one by ear.  Not only are the classes all day, there will be homework to do and special evening session classes that I want to attend.  I also need to make some time to do a little research in the Special Collections at the university library.   However, the plan is to send out a blog post, hopefully with some photos, every evening.  

I am getting very excited Smile

 

Copyright © 2014 Michele Simmons Lewis

 

4 comments:

  1. Yes, please share your experience if you have time. Go get educated! Jealous but I know you will share.

    BTW, I no longer do the food shopping thing. It is now the job of both my teenagers and I literally refuse and will just let it run out. They get a budget and a list, and I have taught them well on looking for sales. I guess they were listening because I tried to switch to organic milk and my son came back and said "that is way too expensive". Whoever goes gets to choose the snacks, but they must be a BOGO or sale item!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The biggest problem we have in the food area is that all of us are on completely different schedules and we rarely actually make real meals and sit down together and eat. The closest to that is that I make a meal and people just stop in as they can can to dip out of the pot and eat. This includes my daughter and son-in-law that live right behind me. So, we do stock up on quick things to eat (all natural and organic though!) things like frozen meals and snack foods (fruits, veggies, nuts, granola bars etc). The girls all shop for me (my son? No way!).

      Delete
  2. Michele, You will have so much fun at IGHR. I went last year and met such wonderful people in classes and the cafeteria. Wish I could go again this year, but I selected GRIP instead, taking Judy Russell's class on Law. I doubt you'll have time to blog much unless just a few sentences and a photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have all the blog posts for the week already started (formatted, scheduled itinerary for that day) so that will give me a head start. I have a feeling I won't be getting much sleep while I am there.

    ReplyDelete